It’s no secret that sometimes traveling great distances can be a great struggle. Spending hours cramped in a small, uncomfortable space surrounded by others? Not exactly a day at the spa! But we have compiled 7 tips to make your travel a little bit more comfy:
- Keep your carry-on size to a minimum by packing only the essentials for your flight. There’s no need to fill an already cramped space with a bulky bag! This will save you foot space and will prevent you from breaking your back trying to lug around a heavy bag.
- Bring a pair of socks. For long journeys, you won’t want to be stuck in shoes, so keep your feet happy and warm by packing your favorite pair.
- Choose the window seat. This gives you a sturdy surface to rest your head against so you can catch some ZZZs!
- Brush your teeth. Sticking to your normal routine as much as possible can help you from feeling groggy when you arrive in your destination. And it saves you from having bad breath!
- Drink plenty of water. Traveling dehydrates you, so skip the sugary soft drinks and opt for aqua instead.
- Pack your own healthy snacks. Bringing food from home not only saves you money, but it saves you from purchasing candy or the junk-food that’s so tempting when traveling.
- And finally, but arguably MOST importantly, bring your noise-cancelling headphones. For anyone who has ever been stuck next to a crying baby of a chatty-Cathy (ahem, all of us), headphones that drown out the noise can be a serious life-saver.