FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
You Can Walk In Circles or See the Famous Squares …
Monograms Provides Travelers AN INSIDER’S LOOK at VENICE
LITTLETON, Colorado – January 20, 2015 – Venice … A city of 117 small islands that is renowned for its beautiful setting, artworks, history and architecture. Featuring the picturesque Grand Canal and such incredible sights as St. Mark’s Basilica and the Piazza San Marco, it’s no wonder Venice is one of the most-visited destinations in the world.
This year, Monograms is providing travelers 11, inclusive travel packages that feature Venice. Package options include everything from a 4-day Venice Getaway (priced from $849) and 7-day Venice & Rome vacation to more extensive choices like 10-day Rome, Florence & Venice and 16-day Sorrento, Rome, Florence, Venice & Lake Maggiore vacations.
In a place where everything is foreign, Monograms promises to make Italy more enjoyable, manageable and fun. When travelers choose to travel through Venice – and all of Italy – with Monograms, they stay in the heart of the action thanks to a choice of hand-selected hotels; they get the VIP treatment by skipping lines at must-see sights and they arrive stress-free, thanks to transportation to and around their destination.
In addition, Monograms provides travelers their own, on-site Local Host® who helps them personalize their experience: A one-of-a-kind, featured component of every Monograms vacation. With all of its canals, alleyways, nooks and crannies, a local’s insight is invaluable in this culturally rich city.
Igor Scomparin is one of Monograms’ Local Hosts in Venice. Here are a handful of Igor’s insider tips for those travelers thinking about a Venice vacation in 2015.
- Visit Venice in the autumn. It’s less crowded and the weather is unbeatable.
- Enjoy the lively Rialto Market in the morning (before the big cruise ships dock) to see the “catch of the day,” while smelling the scents of tomatoes, apricots, peaches and cherries.
- For a less crowded, more local and artistic view of Venice, go to Castello, one of Venice’s six historic sestieri (districts).
- All canals lead to St. Marks Square but watch out for shoulder-to-shoulder crowds. Visit the Square early in the morning or late in the evening … it will feel as quiet as it was in Casanova’s day. If you arrive by 8 AM, the 950-year-old Basilica is open to worshippers for morning mass.
- Gondolas are great, but they can be expensive. Consider taking a vaporetti or public water taxi.
- Another great, off-the-beaten path neighborhood – according to Igor – is Cannaregio, featuring the Jewish district of Venice.
- Many people know about Venice’s famous Bellini’s, but Igor suggests ordering a Spritz (a nice and refreshing cocktail).
- And, according to Igor, the best spot for a late-night dinner is in Campo Santa Margherita – a main square where locals, university students and travelers converge for a Venetian night out.
For more information about Monograms or to book your Venice or European vacation today, visit Monograms.com.
To download a PDF version of this release, click here.
# # #
With nearly 40 offices staffed with more than 200 travel experts that extend as far as Asia and as wide as Europe, Monograms has a rich reputation as a company travelers can depend on to help them simplify travel planning while creating special dream getaways. Monograms affords travelers the power to personalize their vacation without having to take care of planning details or logistics, thanks to the on-site support of a Local Host. With Monograms, travelers are assured their vacation details are taken care of, including hotel, transportation, sightseeing and more, so they can simply focus on having fun. Monograms is part of the Globus family of brands, an award-winning, travel industry leader with more than 85 years of international travel expertise. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI).
Consumers can book a Monograms vacation or request brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.800.250.7614. For more information, please visit Monograms.com.