FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
Why Dream of the World’s Greatest Sights When You Can Wake Up Next to Them? …
Barcelona: Brought to You By Monograms
LITTLETON, Colorado – January 27, 2015 – Located on the northeast coast of the Iberian Peninsula, resting next to the Mediterranean, sunny Barcelona is both a historical and culturally rich destination that also tows the line as the buzz-worthy, exciting and modern capital city of Spain.
In 2015, Monograms is providing travelers a handful of inclusive travel packages that feature Barcelona. Package options include a 4-day Barcelona Getaway (priced from $890) and 7-day Barcelona & Madrid vacation to 12-day Barcelona, Madrid with Toledo, Seville, Cordoba & Torremolinos and 13-day London, Paris, Barcelona & Madrid travel packages.
In a place where everything is foreign, Monograms promises to make Barcelona both manageable and fun. When travelers choose to travel to the Iberian Peninsula – and through all of Europe – with Monograms, they stay in the heart of the action thanks to a choice of hand-selected hotels; they get the VIP treatment by skipping lines at must-see sights and they arrive stress-free, thanks to transportation to and around their destination.
In addition, Monograms provides travelers their own, on-site Local Host® who helps them personalize their experience: A one-of-a-kind, featured component of every Monograms vacation. In a city sprinkled with wildly original architecture and history dating back more than 2,000 years, a local’s insight on everything from the best views to great city strolls is invaluable.
Francesca Gufoni – a Monograms’ Local Hosts in Barcelona – has provided travelers planning a trip to this coastal city some helpful, insider tips. According to her:
- April and May are marvelous months to visit Barcelona. The weather is unbeatable and the crowds are sparse.
- When first visiting Barcelona’s Old Town, stroll up from the waterfront to the Church of Santa Maria del Mar and then follow the city’s oldest intact street, Calle Montcada. This was the same procession route taken by Christopher Columbus when returning from his famous New World voyage in 1492.
- The best view of the city can be absorbed from the castle on the hill of Montjuïc. You can take a cable car from Parallel Metro station to get there.
- While you’re on Montjuïc, you should also visit the Joan Miró Foundation. It houses a dazzling array of works from the local boy who became one of the world’s most famous modern artists.
- For a local foodie experience, consider skipping the restaurants on La Rambla Boulevard and explore the narrow streets next to it instead.
- The Cava (white sparkling wine) is Barcelona’s signature drink. According to Francesca, you can sample the drink anywhere, but she recommends having it with tapas.
- An invention that is pure fun – and great for an outdoor stroll – is Barcelona’s Park Güell: The fairytale garden refuge.
To download a PDF version of this release, click here.
# # #
With nearly 40 offices staffed with more than 200 travel experts that extend as far as Asia and as wide as Europe, Monograms has a rich reputation as a company travelers can depend on to help them simplify travel planning while creating special dream getaways. Monograms affords travelers the power to personalize their vacation without having to take care of planning details or logistics, thanks to the on-site support of a Local Host. With Monograms, travelers are assured their vacation details are taken care of, including hotel, transportation, sightseeing and more, so they can simply focus on having fun. Monograms is part of the Globus family of brands, an award-winning, travel industry leader with more than 85 years of international travel expertise. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI).
Consumers can book a Monograms vacation or request brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.800.250.7614. For more information, please visit Monograms.com.