FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
When You Go Back In Time, The Last Thing You Want To Do Is Waste A Moment …
MONOGRAMS OFFERS AN INSIDER’S LOOK BEYOND THE IMPERIAL GRANDEUR OF VIENNA
LITTLETON, Colorado – February 24, 2015 – Once the center of the powerful Habsburg monarchy, the “City of Music” is not only filled with Imperial history and grandeur, today’s Vienna is also buzzing with innovative restaurants, cozy coffee houses, environmentally friendly green spaces and modern museum architecture. And, this year, Vienna is celebrating the 150th anniversary of its famous Ringstrasse – Kaiser Joseph Franz’s masterpiece of urban planning – opened on May 1, 1865.
In 2015, Monograms is providing travelers six (6) inclusive travel packages that feature Vienna. Package options include a 4-day Vienna Getaway; 7-day Vienna & Prague or Vienna & Munich packages; 10-day Budapest, Vienna & Prague and Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck & Munich vacations or 13-day Budapest, Vienna, Prague & Berlin package.
In Vienna – and the whole of Europe, as well as Asia, the South Pacific, South America and Africa – Monograms promises vacations that are both manageable and fun. When travelers choose to travel with Monograms, they stay in the heart of the action thanks to a choice of hand-selected hotels; they get the VIP treatment by skipping lines at must-see sights and they arrive stress-free, thanks to transportation to and around their destination.
In addition, Monograms provides travelers their own, on-site Local Host® who helps them personalize their experience: A one-of-a-kind, featured component of every Monograms vacation.
Franzisca Rausch – a Monograms’ Local Host in Vienna – has provided travelers planning a trip to this new, old city some insider tips. According to her:
- May is the best time of year to visit Vienna. Nature is blooming, the sun is shining and this year, the city will be celebrating the 150th anniversary of its world-famous Ringstrasse.
- For an authentic and local experience, go to the “other side” of the Danube where you’ll find the traditional Viennese village of Stammersdorf.
- The city’s signature drink is Melange: A coffee specialty, similar to a cappuccino but made with whipped cream instead of milk. Make sure to sample it in one of the city’s many coffee houses.
- While Vienna is a large city, it is easy to explore this capital by foot. Spend an evening walking through the courtyards of the historic center or consider a “Polawalk” – taking Polaroid pictures of the city, its architecture, artwork, flora and more with a tour guide and Polaroid camera, during the day.
- Another great way to see and experience the city – as well as enjoy the shores of the legendary Danube – is by bike.
- Because this is the City of Music, it’s important to take time to enjoy an Opera, ballet or choral concert. Vienna’s historic churches still perform Bach and Händel regularly.
- To escape the hustle and bustle of the city, make your way to Donau-Auen National Park. Situated between Vienna and Bratislava, it is the last remaining major wetland environment in Central Europe.
To download a PDF version of the release, click here.
# # #
With nearly 40 offices staffed with more than 200 travel experts that extend as far as Asia and as wide as Europe, Monograms has a rich reputation as a company travelers can depend on to help them simplify travel planning while creating special dream getaways. Monograms affords travelers the power to personalize their vacation without having to take care of planning details or logistics, thanks to the on-site support of a Local Host. With Monograms, travelers are assured their vacation details are taken care of, including hotel, transportation, sightseeing and more, so they can simply focus on having fun. Monograms is part of the Globus family of brands, an award-winning, travel industry leader with 85 years of international travel expertise. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI). Travel agents can request brochures by calling toll free 1.800.221.0090 or visiting www.globusfamilypartner.com. “Like” us on Facebook.