FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
Walk in Circles, or See the Famous Squares …
A MONOGRAMS INTRODUCTION TO BUDAPEST
LITTLETON, Colorado – March 3, 2015 – Resting on either side of the Danube River with the Buda Hills to the west and the Great Plains to the east, Budapest is connected by eight, awe-inspiring bridges. This a city known for thermal wells, architectural treasures, food, wine and romance … Budapest is a city with a past around every cobblestoned corner and a buzzing, thriving present waiting to be discovered.
In 2015, Monograms is providing travelers three (3) inclusive travel packages that feature Budapest. Package options include a 4-day Budapest Getaway (a great add-on extension to an Avalon Waterways cruise) as well as multi-country packages such as 10-day Budapest, Vienna & Prague and 13-day Budapest, Vienna, Prague & Berlin.
In Budapest – and the whole of Europe, as well as Asia, the South Pacific, South America and Africa – Monograms promises vacations that are both manageable and fun. When travelers choose to travel with Monograms, they stay in the heart of the action thanks to a choice of hand-selected hotels; they get the VIP treatment by skipping lines at must-see sights and they arrive stress-free, thanks to transportation to and around their destination.
In addition, Monograms provides travelers their own, on-site Local Host® who helps them personalize their experience: A one-of-a-kind, featured component of every Monograms vacation.
Edina Fauszt – a Monograms’ Local Host in Budapest – has provided travelers planning a trip to this Eastern European gem a few tips and suggestions. According to her:
- One of the first places to go when you arrive in Budapest is the Citadel on Gellért Hill. It’s a fortress built in the mid-1800s and provides the best panoramic view of the city, its eight bridges and the Danube River.
- Tokaji Aszú is, according to Edina, the city’s signature drink. It’s a world-famous, sweet, topaz-colored wine (also known as Tokay) from the Tokaj wine region in Hungary.
- For a great night out with incredible food and equally impressive people-watching, try Franz Liszt Square (Liszt Ferenc Square) – a pedestrian area of Budapest known for indoor/outdoor restaurants and public art. If you’re musically inclined, check out the nearby Franz Liszt Museum before dinner.
- For more than 2,000 years, Budapest has been known for its thermal waters. Consider a healing and/or wellness encounter in this “Spa City” (a title given to Budapest in 1934).
- For the city’s best shopping, make your way to Ujlipotvaros – located around the West End City Center and noteworthy for more than 400 stores. Other tourist attractions in the area include the Parliament Building, Margit Bridge and the art nouveau architecture found here.
- Make sure to walk across Budapest’s bridges or along the Danube River at night, when the city’s lights are reflected off the water.
- To escape the crowds, make your way to the Buda Hills. Peaks reach over 500 meters (1,640 feet) and there’s a comprehensive system of trails, perfect for hiking. Check out one of the Hills’ many caves, while you’re at it.
- For more time outdoors check out City Park: A beautiful park in the city center that is home to the Millennium Monument, Palace of Art and Museum of Fine Arts. In the winter, the City Park also boasts the largest outdoor ice skating ring in Central Europe.
For a PDF version of this release, click here.
# # #
With nearly 40 offices staffed with more than 200 travel experts that extend as far as Asia and as wide as Europe, Monograms has a rich reputation as a company travelers can depend on to help them simplify travel planning while creating special dream getaways. Monograms affords travelers the power to personalize their vacation without having to take care of planning details or logistics, thanks to the on-site support of a Local Host. With Monograms, travelers are assured their vacation details are taken care of, including hotel, transportation, sightseeing and more, so they can simply focus on having fun. Monograms is part of the Globus family of brands, an award-winning, travel industry leader with 85 years of international travel expertise. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI). Travel agents can request brochures by calling toll free 1.800.221.0090 or visiting www.globusfamilypartner.com. “Like” us on Facebook.