FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
Why Choose Feeling Lost Over Feeling Like a Local? …
A MONOGRAMS INTRODUCTION TO PRAGUE
LITTLETON, Colorado – March 10, 2015 – With a “New Town” (new in the 14th century) built around an Old Town, a maze of cobbled lanes and hidden courtyards, Bohemian art, Renaissance palaces and the best beer in Europe, it’s no wonder Prague is often chosen as a favorite destination among travelers, beating out such popular cities as Paris, Rome, Amsterdam and London.
In 2015, Monograms is providing travelers four (4) inclusive travel packages that feature Prague. Package options include a 4-day Prague Getaway (a great add-on extension to an Avalon Waterways cruise) as well as multi-country packages such as 7-day Vienna & Prague, 10-day Budapest, Vienna & Prague and a 13-day option that adds Berlin to the mix.
In Prague – and the whole of Europe, as well as Asia, the South Pacific, South America and Africa – Monograms promises vacations that are both manageable and fun. When travelers choose to travel with Monograms, they stay in the heart of the action thanks to a choice of hand-selected hotels; they get the VIP treatment by skipping lines at must-see sights and they arrive stress-free, thanks to transportation to and around their destination.
In addition, Monograms provides travelers their own, on-site Local Host® who helps them personalize their experience: A one-of-a-kind, featured component of every Monograms vacation.
Richard Albrecht – a Monograms’ Local Host in Prague – has provided travelers planning a trip to his city a few tips and suggestions. According to him:
- For a beautiful, outdoor stroll head over to Bubeneč and Dejvice (adjoining residential neighborhoods) where you will find the city’s largest park – Stromovka.
- If you love beer, you’ve come to the right place. Since the invention of Pilsner Urquell, Czechs have been famous for beer. And, while Prague offers such internationally famous brand names as Urquell and Budvar, Richard suggest trying lesser-known regional beers (Prague’s pubs have a huge variety of choices). For even more beer experiences, check out Prague’s Beer Museum.
- Or, for someone who is a cocktail connoisseur, head over to the Hilton’s Cloud 9 Sky Bar – the first sky bar in Prague. Not only does the venue boast captivating views over the city – including Prague Castle – it offers a huge selection of distillery-grade cocktails.
- Wander beyond Old Town Square and you will be rewarded with cozy cafѐs , old bars and hidden gardens with nary a tourist in sight.
- For a locally inspired taste of Prague, order the roast duck with red cabbage – available at most local restaurants.
- A must-experience activity is strolling across the Charles Bridge – a 500-year-old wonder. Visit the bridge at dawn to enjoy the sunrise and avoid the crowds.
- Art is plastered all over this ancient city. But, for a contemporary look, consider a visit to the Futura Centre for Contemporary Art.
- Rising above the left bank of the Vltava River is Petřín Hill. Richard says it offers the best views of the city plus it serves as an outdoor escape.
To download a PDF version of the release, click here here.
# # #