FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
IS THERE A BETTER WAY TO TRAVEL THE WORLD?
1,000 World Travelers Weighed In; Here’s What They Said …
LITTLETON, Colorado – January 16, 2018 – Recently, Monograms – an award-winning travel company – asked travelers their views on the good (and not-so-good) ways to travel the world. This nine-question survey of 1,168 world travelers examines what they value most and like the least when vacationing in a foreign destination.
According to survey respondents, traveling internationally is more stressful (63%) than domestic vacations. Specifically, these four stresses reduce international vacation fun:
- Transportation hassles. 38% of travelers considered the single-largest stressor on vacation be transportation: From finding transportation at the airport to getting around a destination.
- Bad hotels. 30% of travelers said inferior hotels in bad locations were the biggest deterrent to fun while on vacation.
- Language barriers. 21% of travelers cited language barriers as the No. 1 problem with international travel.
- Getting lost. 11% of survey respondents said getting lost can ruin their vacation mojo.
Conversely, the same respondents said that traveling internationally can be greatly enhanced by the following experiences in order of importance:
- Centrally located hotels (41%)
- Easy, pre-planned transportation (27%)
- The assistance of a local expert (17%)
- Front-of-line access to must-see sites (11%)
Fun for a premium … In addition, the survey revealed that most travelers (85%) would be willing to pay more for less stress on vacation. A lot more. More than half of travelers (52%) said they would pay $500+ to encounter fewer hassles when traveling internationally.
“Traveling the world can be an amazing and memorable experience! It should be,” said Steve Born, vice president of marketing for the Globus family of brands. “You just have to know how to navigate your journey the right way.”
Monograms invites travelers to explore the world independently, with expert help. An award-winning travel company that’s backed by the Globus family of brands, Monograms has put together a robust portfolio of vacations around the globe that combat the typical stresses travelers experience while traveling internationally. Monograms vacations include:
- A choice of hand-selected hotels in centrally located neighborhoods.
- Transportation between cities and countries, including traveling in reserved premium seating on high-speed trains.
- A half-day of guided sightseeing in each city.
- VIP access to must-see landmarks (inviting travelers to skip the lines and save time).
- Countless customizable choices – from optional excursions to accommodation upgrades).
- The on-site services of a local expert: A Monograms Local Host®.
“Local Hosts make all the difference for Monograms travelers,” said Born. “From organizing excursions to answering questions about the local culture and customs, a Monograms Local Host can turn every question into an answer and every problem into a solution. They’re there for our travelers to use as much – or as little – as they want.”
# # #
Monograms makes traveling the world independently easier – and more fun – by providing a choice of itineraries from which to choose the perfect getaway, a list of hand-selected hotels in the world’s most centrally located neighborhoods and transportation between international cities. Monograms also offers travelers a half-day of guided sightseeing and VIP access at must-see landmarks in each destination as well as the on-site services of a Local Host: An on-call expert Monograms travelers can use to personalize and customize their vacation. Backed by the award-winning Globus family of brands, Monograms vacations can be found in every major city in Europe; on private safari in Africa; off-the-beaten path in Asia and South America as well as across the globe in Australia and New Zealand, giving travelers a Better Way to see and experience the world. Monograms is a proud supporter of Make-A-Wish, granting more than 200 international vacation wishes to children. For more information, visit www.Monograms.com or book a Monograms vacation by calling 1.800.250.7614.